Cohousing community work and Insurance
From: Thomas Lofft (tloffthotmail.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:22:50 -0800 (PST)
To follow up prior comments, I think the critical issue is whether a party is
an employee, a contractor, or a volunteer.
I believe that our covenants create a voluntary engagement by all resident
members by their acceptance of the covenants at the time of purchasing their
property.
Therefore, all property owners and their families are volunteer workers when
engaging in any community functions, unless they are being paid under terms of
an employment contract, in which case they should have their own contractor's
insurance coverage..

As to insurance agents representations, let's look at the agent's motivation:
Is the agent committed to providing the most cost effective coverage for the
community as a client?
Or is the motivation to sell as much insurance and as many policies and policy
riders as possible to another customer?

Same goes for attorneys: Look at their motivations; follow the money.

Tom Lofft