Re: Marketing: The Elevator Drop Pitch
From: Steve Welzer (stevewelzermsn.com)
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:41:35 -0800 (PST)
(our forming group was just in the process of endeavoring to come up with
something succinct . . . would love to get feedback)

The hypermobility of modern society has led increasingly to a sense of
"ungroundedness" and isolation. Relationships tend to be ephemeral and
superficial. Support systems tend to be institutional rather than
communitarian. We live within massive organizations, networks, and nations
rather than within communities.

The old conception of a real community was: a stable group of familiar people
who sustain life together while caring for a particular place on earth felt to
be Home. The goal of our ecovillage project will be to recreate such by
incorporating various aspects of cohousing, permaculture, green building, and
alternative energy . . . as well as the sharing of resources and life
experiences.

Steve Welzer
Ecovillage New Jersey project