Re: Marketing: The Elevator Drop Pitch
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 09:09:14 -0800 (PST)
Hey Steve!

How good to hear from you!  Thanks for subscribing to the Mid Atlantic
Cohousing newsletter.  Always happy to have feedback on the newsletter!

Tell us more about the EcoVillage — is this Delane’s project you’ve been
working on?  Or a new project?  What’s the status?

In re: elevator pitch — see below — I hope others will comment as well.

> On Jan 7, 2016, at 1:41 PM, Steve Welzer <stevewelzer [at] msn.com> wrote:
>

> (our forming group was just in the process of endeavoring to come up with
> something succinct . . . would love to get feedback)

Does the pitch start here or is this background for us?  If it starts here … I
think this is too long.  It would be hard to say all this in 10-30 seconds
w/out it being very rushed.
> The hypermobility of modern society has led increasingly to a sense of
> "ungroundedness" and isolation. Relationships tend to be ephemeral and
> superficial. Support systems tend to be institutional rather than
> communitarian. We live within massive organizations, networks, and nations
> rather than within communities.

If the pitch starts here … much better!    You may wish to follow the format of
The Formula by starting w/ a question:

DO YOU KNOW THAT: (a question that states the problem)

> the old conception of a real community was: a stable group of familiar people
> who sustain life together while caring for a particular place on earth felt
> to be Home.

Continuing to follow the format:

WHAT WE DO
>  … will be to recreate such by incorporating various aspects of cohousing,
> permaculture, green building, and alternative energy .

SO THAT  … what are the BENEFITS you will achieve given your consist statement?
 What are the BENEFITS of sharing resources and life experiences?   What would
people get out of doing this?

> . . as well as the sharing of resources and life experiences.
>

> Steve Welzer
> Ecovillage New Jersey project

I hope this helps, Steve.  Do others have suggestions?

One person wrote me off-line — so we now have TWO for the list I”m collecting —
anyone else what to share and/or get feedback?

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC