Re: "Ecovillage New Jersey"
From: Steve Welzer (stevewelzermsn.com)
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 21:25:10 -0800 (PST)
> Tell us more about the EcoVillage
> is this Delane’s project you’ve been working on?
> Or a new project?  What’s the status?

Delane very much wanted to see an ecovillage built on her property (next to her
retreat center) but, unfortunately, she passed away last year before her vision
could be realized.

So our group kind of went back to Square One after that. We gave the project a
generic name (Ecovillage New Jersey) and established a Meetup group. We know
there's a lot of interest because in just twelve months we already have over
250 members of the Meetup (
http://www.meetup.com/EcoVillage-New-Jersey-Meetup/<http://www.meetup.com/EcoVillage-New-Jersey-Meetup>
 ) and over 500 "Likes" on our Facebook page. We hold monthly meetings, we're
searching for a new property, and (of course) trying to raise money to fund the
project.

We'd love to emulate the Ecovillage at Ithaca. Beyond that we'd like to try to
eventually foster a network of cohousing communities in our state (some urban,
some near a town, some with a farming component). There isn't a single
cohousing community in the whole New York metropolitan area (that we're aware
of). We figure if we can market to 20 million people there are bound to be 50
households that will eagerly sign up to live in community! We just need to find
a way to get something built . . .

Steve Welzer
Ecovillage New Jersey project
http://www.EcovillageNJ.org