Re: neighborhood property values worries
From: Martie Weatherly (mhweatherlyearthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 07:38:22 -0800 (PST)
At Liberty Village in a rural area outside of Frederick MD, when we started,
Merlin our main spokesperson went around to all the neighbors, introduced
himself and told them what we were doing with the farm next to them. I think
that is why we never had any problem with the surrounding community.

We also participated in community activities such as cleaning up the local
park, and helping at the firehall community breakfast. If you can let people
know what your values are and that cohousers are generally active in their
local community, that may help. Relationship says it all, which is what we are
all about. We are not your normal developer.

Martie Weatherly
Liberty Village
Frederick MD
Cohousing Coach and Consultant