Re: [CSR] Shared Internet [ was Revisiting single metering
From: Michael Arnott (marnott522gmail.com)
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 09:26:11 -0800 (PST)
A big difference between Cornerstone and Cambridge Cohousing, that might
account for Cambridge going with bulk/one meter electricity purchase, is
how they cool units in the summer. Cambridge Cohousing uses a centralized
ground-source heat pump HVAC system. I don't believe there's a way to
charge units that cool to 65 degrees in the summer more than those that
cool to 72 degrees or that it would be very different even if they could.
Here at Cornerstone we all have individual AC condensers and those who like
really cool homes in the summer pay more than those that don't.  I believe
individual ACs is why we went with individual electrical metering.

Michael