Re: Cohousing that integrates a limited number of adult persons with disabilities
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 10:13:45 -0800 (PST)
I think you raise  lot of good points Sharon. Hard to have an trully open,
honest discussion about these issues, even in community.

But as you said in your post, the reality is that these things are going
on in people¹s lives all the time (at work, at school, at the grocery
store, etc), we just generally only know about the issues of those closest
to us. Our challenge is to be able to be empathetic without being
overwhelmed, and to acknowledge there are more people/issues that need
help than we individually or as a community can actually take on.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

On 1/15/16, 8:19 AM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Sharon Villines"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on