Thanking you from Amikaro in Victoria
From: Marion Pape (marionpapeshaw.ca)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 23:11:49 -0800 (PST)
I was so impressed with the responses from all of you to my question about
cohousing and disabled adult children. I also received several messages
personally.
You contributed so much serious thought on a very sensitive issue, suggesting
many ideas and alternatives.
We have been characterizing the issue as “The Elephant in the Room” because
people did not want to talk about it, especially the mothers of the children
who are pinning their hopes on this proposal.  In my thinking, it is the
perception of “affordable" or “disabled" housing that stigmatizes the entire
project so that the potential for success is seriously limited. Your feedback
has at least opened up the possibility for an open and facilitated discussion.
Thank you for your honesty and caring about cohousing.
Marion Pape, Amikaro Cohousing, Victoria, British Columbia