Commitments to community
From: Ruth Hirsch (partner-in-healingearthlink.net)
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2016 15:47:45 -0800 (PST)
Hi,

What do you do when a household does not keep commitments to your community?
(Obviously, over time, not just once or twice.)
What have you in place?
I know some communities charge for work by the hour.  And that this has the
real downside of those who can afford to and wish to, buying their way out.
And my sense is that 'consequences',  ok elsewhere in life,  is not a welcome
concept in some CoHousing commuities.  If you have dealt with this, how?

We do have an agreement in place (though not exercised) for when dues are x
many months in arrears.
We do not have something in place for when folks do not participate in work for
the community.
So, knowing this is likely happening elsewhere, how is it handled?  (? Not
being allowed to use CommonHouse for private events?……….??)

Please respond on the List or to me directly with your experiences.

Many thanks,
Ruth Hirsch <partner-in-healing [at] earthlink.net>
Cantines Island
Saugerties

PS:  I have an intermittent e-mail glitch.  If you write and do not hear back
from me shortly, please call me or please re-send.  Thank you.  Ruth