Re: Types of conflict in cohousing -- did I miss any?
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 04:50:27 -0800 (PST)
This is an important distinction.  Many “conflicts" are trivial and
idiosyncratic: unique communication errors, speculation in a context of missing
information, random personal preferences or phobias, and so on.  But when
people are unable to agree on basic facts, or on a credible problem
description, or on list of plausible alternative solutions — the underlying
causes are often repressed and seemingly unmentionable anger, resentment,
competition, or disappointment.  Debating the “facts” is utterly pointless when
the underlying causes remain denied and undiscussable.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA