Re: =?iso8859-7?q?What=A2s_so_funny_=A1bout_peace_love_=26_und?==?iso8859-7?q?erstanding=3F?=
From: Fred H Olson (fholsoncohousing.org)
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 04:59:05 -0800 (PST)
I take Igor's post to suggest that there have been few recent
Cohousing-L posts about the joys of living in cohousing.
There is a compilation of such posts at
"Stories about life in cohousing"
(based on cohousing-L messages) at
http://www.austinprogressivecalendar.com/cactus/coho-stories.htm

(For future reference, there is a link to it on the cohousing-L
"Reference page" to which there is a link on the Info page ( subscribe page )
which in turn is accessible from a link at the bottom of any message or
link at top of archive pages.)

But indeed these stories are from 1995-2002.  But my guess is that
stories like those continue to happen but we dont post about them
much but rather assume that most of us are experiencing or hearing about
them where we live.  I'd further guess that if we posted about all of
them our inboxes would be even more full.  But having some such stories
would be good to reassure those that are new here that all the "mechanics"
are worth it.

So I invite folks to post some joys of living in cohousing stories.
(Note the possible confusion with the name of the startup cohousing
discussion web site and try to avoid that confusion.)

To start things off I will tell a very brief amusing story from yesterday.

I dont live in cohousing but in a neighborhood where we strive for
similar relationships.  Yesterday I was walking home from one
neighbor's house where she had locked herself out to let her in with
my key to her house.  When I got near my house I saw someone getting
out of a car and when I got close I recognised my neighbor Connie (we
are bundled up these days when out doors - it was probably around 10
degrees F at the time.)  The amusing thing was the unspoken tension
Connie and I felt between chatting about recent events etc and getting
inside our houses out of the cold.  Multiple times we started to part
only to return and talk a bit more.  BTW both the locked out neighbor
and Connie are African American and I'm White.  One of the advantages
of our neighborhood compared to most cohousing is our racial and
economic diversity.  But we don't have a common house to be in out of
the cold to visit...

Fred

--
I support Bernie Sanders for President