Re: affordable cohousing
From: Mary Vallier-Kaplan (marycvkgmail.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 10:00:09 -0800 (PST)
Unfortunately Nubanusit Neighborhood & Farm was never able to set up its
501c3 through any state both for the farm and for low income housing
because the IRS just couldn't believe folks would ever contribute funds to
make a unit more economically accessible for others. They thought we were
trying to scam them!  We did collect pledges of over $100,000 to do so from
early neighbors.  Our only way to encourage income diversity is through a
range of size and types of houses that vary in price.  It has worked
somewhat but not for families.

Mary V-K