Re: FW: Search Engine Marketing and Direct Mail
From: castrohom [at] aol.com (castrohomaol.com)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2016 09:30:24 -0700 (PDT)
Some of the things that have worked for us:
Cards on noticeboards also (in wholefood shops/co-ops/churches etc.)
Booths at local events - with activities for kids/impressive displays and a
sign up sheet etc.
Open evenings/socials
Miranda

Miranda Castro | Gainesville Cohousing | http://www.gainesvillecohousing.org
<http://www.gainesvillecohousing.org/>

> On Mar 18, 2016, at 12:01 PM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
> sharonvillines.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mar 17, 2016, at 5:24 PM, Robert Oyafuso <boyafuso [at] sbcglobal.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>> In addition has anyone sent direct mail to a list compile by a search engine
>> for prospects whose demographics are like cohousers?
>
> In general marketing in the conventional way does not bring in prospects. In
> Florida one group put an ad in a national alternative lifestyle magazine (I
> forget the name) in the 1990s. They got hundreds and hundreds of responses.
> No takers. I advertised Sunday afternoon open houses several times. Lots of
> interest and praise and fascination. No takers. The group hired a real estate
> publicity agency. No prospects.
>
> And these things are hugely expensive. Huuuuuuuuuge!
>
> Cohousing is far more well known now but person to person, local publicity,
> presence on this list, and flyers, flyers, flyers work best. Flyers in food
> coops, chiropractor’s offices, Unitarian Churches, given to friends. Tours.
> Gatherings.
>
> It’s the personal contact. Local food coops, churches, synagogues, etc., all
> feel personal.
>
> The group in Iowa City has published an excellent publicity plan. You might
> contact them.
>
> Sharon
> ----
> Sharon Villines