Re: Labeling your community as Cohousing? Positive or lessso ?
From: mmaskall (mmaskallpacbell.net)
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2016 17:45:11 -0700 (PDT)
Oaks EcoHousing have chosen to call ourselves EcoHousing, but we say we are
also  cohousing.  On the home page of our website
(www.FairOaksEcoHousing.org), we explain both EcoHousing and Cohousing.

When we say EcoHousing, people think it's green and good for the
environment.  When we say cohousing to someone unfamiliar with the term,
they tend to think of commune or cohabitation, and I feel it can be
confusing at first impression.

We think EcoHousing is working well for us.   We were very small when we
started, and we thought it was a better way to go.  People have responded
positively to the name.

By the way, we are looking for a few more members so we can get construction
started this summer.  Please check us out!

Marty Maskall

Future Resident & Project Manager

www.FairOaksEcoHousing.org -- a Family-Friendly Green Neighborhood

(916) 967-2472