Re: Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Corey (corey.birnbaumgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 13:42:16 -0700 (PDT)
The ic.org and cohousing.org directories are exactly the same - they use
the same database. Carles' (CohousingMap.net) uses his own, obtained from
his personal knowledge/network of existing (Spanish) projects. It also
holds users and companies, which is one up from ic.org. He and I are both
asking ic.org to open their database so that there's only one source of map
data. Still pending replies from them.

Regarding a single place to gather online, that's a chicken & egg problem,
one that every community struggles with in the beginning. I very much see
cohousing communities in the infant phase in terms of
networking/communication and I hope to provide a solution but as you
mention Fred, it's about the personal approach. Not everyone uses social
software, although just about everyone is online with smartphones, so
there's hope.

As always, I'm open to suggestions and collaboration so anyone out there
please feel free to contact me directly and I'd love to chat :)

Corey