Re: Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Corey (corey.birnbaumgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 17:43:12 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, thank you Tiffany, that's exactly what I'm referring to. We need
something far more robust than email/lists and something more than forums,
that include maps and groups for finding local cohos, better centralized
messaging both on the web and mobile devices, and ideally it'd have project
management abilities for helping people go to the next step of actually
creating a community. And of course it has to be dead-simple to use.

These are all features I'm working on, but I'm also working with other
developers to find common areas where we can collaborate and most
importantly, share data. I reached out to ic.org but never heard a response
- I'm guessing they didn't think I'm serious, so I'll be sending them a
demo directory soon, one that makes it easy for different websites to use
the same data and keep everything in sync.

Another very important aspect is the willingness to work together. So far
ic.org hasn't been responsive but that might change. It'd be nice to have
cohousing.org bring visibility to these things as well, like Mary's forum
and this new website from Carles. If everyone ends up going the direction
of doing their own thing without reaching out, it's going to get very
messy. It's fine to have separate tools, but I really hope to have a
common, robust networking platform.