Re: Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Tiffany Lee Brown (magdalen23gmail.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:21:44 -0700 (PDT)
And while some might find it repellent, there could be value in developing some
of this with an eye toward generating revenue.

For example: if you could start a system and app for helping people start a
coho and keep in touch ... Where future users could sign up, quickly search on
their parameters and find matches for their needs and desires... Why not make
it so the same platform/with a differently branded app could be used for
developers to start for-profit housing arrangements?

The rationale in this case is to get venture capitalists and/or developers to
put up the money to develop tools the rest of us need! I've spent most of my
life in nonprofit, community projects. It does not behoove us to underpay our
visionaries and workers, or to expect everything to be done on a volunteer
basis --  this is still how I do many things, but I think it lends itself to
burnout and limits community leadership and engagement to people who can afford
to work for free. Not everyone has that luxury.

Tiffany

Sent from the far shores of a distant land