Re: Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Corey (corey.birnbaumgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2016 19:55:02 -0700 (PDT)
...I'm taking notes :)

At the moment it's only passion driving all this, but I think interest will
only grow and eventually we will have to face a reality where money is
involved. It's true that volunteering can only get you so far. I have some
ideas on how to minimize this, but high quality, reliable tech is not free.
However, I do not plan on charging for anything anytime soon (I'm building
it one piece at a time), and I'm hoping donations will help offset server
costs if that becomes an issue.

Ann, there's already a few of us, like Sean (coshousing.site) and Carles (
cohousingmap.net) who have made great tools. We're building for the
cohousing community as a whole, which includes ourselves, but it's the
people looking for and creating communities all over the world, either new
ones or moving to other ones. I think the better tools we have, the more
people we'll attract, especially the younger generations who are used to
slick web apps. But you're absolutely right, money needs to go into it for
this work to be sustainable. I'm curious how that will work.