Creating Wealth [was Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 07:12:03 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 17, 2016, at 9:55 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at] sharonvillines.com>
> wrote:
>
> The tools are nice but i don’t think they are a revenue stream. Apps get
> started like Sean is developing his. They develop for a long time before
> there is any revenue stream. Cohousing is much too small to for an investor
> other than a volunteer, like Sean, to invest in an app to serve it.

To add to this: Building cohousing is developing real estate. It is creating
wealth. Creating wealth is investing time or money. Since most of us don’t have
enough money to build wealth by investing and doing no work, we build wealth
with labor. Volunteering is contribution of labor. in cohousing it builds
wealth of all kinds.

 Cohousers have long resisted this kind of discussion but emphasizing the kind
of wealth cohousing has built would convince developers and banks to match
their money without labor.

Takoma Village, for example, has tripled in housing value since we moved in. It
increased the larger community wealth from a polluted used car lot with
druggies to a spiffy 43 unit condominium with a hot tub and 50-60 new residents
with jobs.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines