Re: Community Associations Institute [was Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 08:34:14 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 17, 2016, at 11:25 AM, Sharon Villines <sharon [at]
> sharonvillines.com> wrote:
>
>> On Jun 17, 2016, at 11:09 AM, R Philip Dowds <rpdowds [at] comcast.net>
>> wrote:
>>

>> How is CAI funded?
>
> Memberships and fees for workshops and conferences.

There are several membership levels. They also sell publications. And have
professional newsletters with significant fees — one with legal advice based on
recent decisions.

The way to build an association, the association would probably have to be
conceptualized as something more general that includes cohousing and encourages
other condos to become more like cohousing. Several years ago I made a
fledgling start at a newsletter called “Building Community.” The marketing
proved too costly to be feasible.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines