Re: Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Tiffany Lee Brown (magdalen23gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 11:14:40 -0700 (PDT)

> On Jun 17, 2016, at 7:32 AM, Ann Zabaldo <zabaldo [at] earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> So I still say until more developers and others can earn a living from
> cohousing we will remain in this slow, very slow growth phase.
>
> Who does it benefit for us to remain in this state?

Ann, as an outsider this strikes me as a fascinating question (even if you
meant it as a rhetorical one). Who does it benefit, indeed?

In the communities I've been most involved with, the people benefiting are the
core, often overworked members who make the thing go. Staying small and
exclusive usually means retaining both power (over what happens, who comes, who
goes) and values (the larger something gets, the more compromises one has to
make -- ethically, aesthetically, logistically).