Re: Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2016 22:57:07 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jun 17, 2016, at 11:40 PM, Corey <corey.birnbaum [at] gmail.com> wrote:
>
> And I've been searching for 5+
> years. If it took me that long to go from "I want to live in and build
> tools for a community where people care about each other.. what's that
> called?" to intentional housing, cohousing, and all those orgs etc... I'd
> say that's hard :)

The key in the early 1990s was reading an article in the NYTimes that used the
word “cohousing.” Just knowing that word resulted in a lot of information. I
think I did a yahoo search, I found this list and the Coho site. (Yahoo was
much better then. I’m not sure Google existed actually.)

But I didn’t get serious about it until 1997. Then from there I looked for
communities that fit my criteria — urban or center of small town, attached
buildings, condo. Not ideological about food or television.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC