Re: Community Associations Institute [was Launching June 15: CohousingMap.net
From: R Philip Dowds (rpdowdscomcast.net)
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 06:46:12 -0700 (PDT)
Dick —

I signed up for CAI, self-identifying as a “homeowner leader” (its least costly
membership); over time, I’ll familiarize myself with its offerings.  My early
reaction is, It may be a while before CohoUS can support itself by selling
memberships.  One difference may be critical mass: About 70 million Americans
live in “common interest communities” (condos and HOAs), while the cohousing
membership pool is currently four orders of magnitude smaller.

Thanks,
Philip Dowds
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA