Re: Long term leases in Oregon
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2016 13:25:17 -0700 (PDT)
I don’t know the answer to your question regarding laws on length or language
of land leases, but I would suggest you also ask your attorney about making
sure it also allows your buyers can get mortgages (Fannie Mae loans), unless
your people have lots of money and don’t need conventional mortgages.

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

241B Commercial Street

Nevada City, CA 95959

T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755

www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 6/19/16, 12:44 PM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of meadows via Cohousing-L"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of cohousing-l [at] cohousing.org> wrote:

  Asking again if anyone who has a long term lease in Oregon knows how long a
lease can be without violating the "rule of perpetuities."

Our group (located in Oregon) is developing long term leases for the
"footprints" of residences.  We are wondering how to phrase the term/
length of lease (we'd like 99 years) so as to comply with Oregon's
take on the "rule of perpetuities".  (We have heard that the way this
rule is interpreted varies from state to state.)  Our lawyer asked us
to research this issue.

Thanks for any help you can supply.
Christie