building industry (was Cohousing App)
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 14:18:13 -0700 (PDT)
I'm kinda coming in to this convo late.Two things on my mind that may be
relevant or interesting.

Thing One: There has been recent mention of other associations/organizations
that have a bit of overlap with us in terms of development, condominium
management, etc. Tomorrow I will be attending a one day event called The
Vine, affiliated with the Pacific Coast Builders Conference put on by the
California Building Industry Association. (Yes, I will report back what I
learn!) How I came to this: as a facilitator I have a lot of colleagues in
the meeting and association industries, and a good buddy of mine is the
organizer/promoter/mastermind of this event. A year or two ago he invited me
to give an Ignite presentation about cohousing at one of their events in
Sacramento, which was very well received. Tomorrow I'll just be spectating.
Info for anyone interested: http://www.pcbc.com/vine-program

(Are any of the developer/architect types here involved with CBIA or its
equivalent in other states?)

Thing Two: There were also a few threads regarding the whole volunteer vs.
paid issue...one that has been particularly up for me lately. Rather than
rant & rave here I'll link to a recent blog post:
http://erisweaver.info/blog/?p=507

Eris Weaver, FrogSong cohousing in Cotati, CA
Graphic Facilitator & Group Process Consultant
eris [at] erisweaver.info . 707-338-8589 . http://www.erisweaver.info

"On days when you have no ideas at all, the best thing you can do is start
doodling." Charles M. Schulz