Re: About CohousingMap
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2016 04:20:36 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you Carles! I really appreciate all these independent initiatives,
it's awesome.

There has been encouragement of Coho/US to have a national database that
connects those seeking community and those recruiting members, however a
national "database" seems archaic in today's world of apps and social
media, and everything is local environment. How does it stay updated for
one?

What Coho/US offers is the Cohousing Directory (which flows from ic.org,
enabling folks to just update one profile, and have the benefits of promo
on two directories), and also our Classifieds, to connect those seeking
with those recruiting members and selling homes. Both get much traffic!

Coho/US is focused on raising public awareness - educating the public so
that cohousing is even considered an option. That's the harder nut to
crack, getting into the public's awareness - and has great potential for
growing our movement.

That approach doesn't negate all those great initiatives for connection!
and we welcome volunteers to help us capitalize on these and other
initiatives.

This is how we will grow our cohousing movement, through our ever expanding
community networks.
Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director