Re: About CohousingMap
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 07:49:54 -0700 (PDT)
Thank you for asking Carles!

People seeking community are encouraged to review our Cohousing Directory
and Map, organized by state and city, and our Classified section, which
advertises homes for sale and rent, and communities which are seeking
members. Each of these listings have contact information.

If people are interested in creating cohousing in an area where there is
none, we encourage folks to access our website resources "creating
community," including suggestions for finding others, e.g., local meet up
networks, and advice from our cohousing volunteers.

Cohousing communities which are seeking members are encouraged to create an
add in our classified section. We also encourage forming groups to consider
engaging cohousing professionals to help with marketing efforts, and to
share stories and experiences to post as blogs on our website.

Many communities succeed in attracting prospective members through local
networks, e.g., church, farmers markets, book clubs. These prospective
members often would otherwise not know about cohousing, and thus would not
even know cohousing exists and offers such a marvelous lifestyle and
housing opportunity!

Finally, we encourage established cohousing communities to maintain an
interest list of prospective members; this allows communities to be
proactive and prepared when openings happen. Each community is different in
their outreach and membership.
Alice Alexander, Coho/US Executive Director