Joani's news
From: Diana Leafe Christian (dianaic.org)
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2016 06:54:40 -0700 (PDT)
> Dear Joani,

        My hat goes off to you and my heart goes open for you, in the way
you’re dealing with this. I so appreciate that you’re being straightforward and
direct, and letting your many, many friends who appreciate you know what you do
and don’t want.
        When I know that I’ll be dying soon I plan to do the same, and have a
big celebration too, which hopefully I’ll attend as well. Then I’ll check
myself into a hospice. My very elderly mother, Rosetta Neff, whom some of my
cohousing friends have met, recently grew ill and it became worse. We went to
live in a hospice — which was _wonderful_, and she passed away peacefully, not
in pain, and surrounded by love and kindness, three weeks later. Then our whole
community hosted a Celebration of Rosetta’s Life, which people loved. And I
loved it, and I’m hoping my mom was there and hope she loved it. We played
Glenn Miller Big Band music, her favorite music from when she was young.
        I appreciate and respect the choice to face death, deal with it well,
and celebrate. (Once I read a metaphysical book with the line, “Death is
perfectly safe.”)
        When you know the date in September of your Celebration, please let us
know.

        Sending love and appreciation,

        Diana