Dishwashers & Sanitizers ...
From: Ann Zabaldo (zabaldoearthlink.net)
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 16:37:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello all —

There’s been a fair amount of discussion on this list about dishwashers and
sanitizers in re:  what brand or type should a community buy.

My questions are slightly different.

Here at Takoma Village in Washington, DC, we are beginning the inquiry into
replacing our sanitizer which has been kaput for a while.  Should we replace it
with a new sanitizer, one or two high- end, high-volume dishwashers or a
combination of a sanitizer and a dishwasher (for small events).

I’m most particularly interested in hearing if you use only dishwashers.

What has been your experience?

Takes too long?  People have to come back to empty the dishwasher.

Can’t handle the volume?

Doesn’t handle pots?

Upsides? e.g.quieter?   Cheaper to operate?

Would you make a different choice now?

It would be helpful to know how many meals per week you serve and how many
folks attend each meal (approximately).

Many thanks!

Best --

Ann Zabaldo
Takoma Village Cohousing
Washington, DC
Principal, Cohousing Collaborative, LLC
Falls Church, VA
202.546.4654

My password is the last 5 digits of Pi …