Re: Two announcements about longtime cohouser Joani Blank
From: Patricia Lautner (lautnerpjpcohousing.org)
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2016 11:51:30 -0700 (PDT)
I hate that this is happening to you Joani - freakin sucks.

I've only met you once but I've talked about you many times.  Back in 1999
when I was just figuring out my way as one of the 'burning souls' of JP
Cohousing in Boston, someone told me to call you and ask for money.  I
needed money, and I wasn't shy, so I called.  My God you gave me $10,000
over the phone just because I asked.  That was the first money into the
project, the highest risk money possible, and truthfully - you kind of
changed my life.  Sounds dramatic but just imagine! You didn't even know me
- haha.  I was dead broke with two little kids at the time.  Since then -
I'm never shy asking for money, in all areas of my life.  And -wonderfully-
I now find myself being able to lend money too sometimes. So please send me
the links to your favorite organizations - I will lovingly make a donation
in your name Joani.

Thank you on behalf of Jamaica Plain Cohousing - for your generosity and
you're willingness to truly give us what we desperately needed at the time;
cold hard cash and a ton of faith and hope.

>From Boston with love,
Patti

Jamaica Plain Cohousing