Re: Weird RFI seeking copies of our HOA Docs, Budget and Insurance Info
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2016 07:27:47 -0700 (PDT)
> On Jul 11, 2016, at 10:57 PM, Thomas Lofft <tlofft [at] hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> Have any other cohousing communities encountered this kind of an RFI (Request
> For Information), especially recently?It is seeking copies of our condo docs,
> although Liberty Village is not a condo.I have almost forty years experience
> in real estate and never heard of this company or of the alleged mortgage
> company, but that doesn't mean they don't exist, however in this booming
> century of scam-a-minute hustles, I triple check every shark I've never been
> bitten by before.

In my experience, contacts for inquiries that involve legal documents or money
go to the board president. The company may be legit but is this request? Are
they just phishing for information for marketing? The documents they are
requesting are the normal ones for mortgages, but they should be submitted by a
person who takes responsibility for their authenticity.

I’ve had to say I’m a board member just to get a quote for window washing and
tile samples. My question would be who is asking for a mortgage? And why didn’t
the person seeking the mortgage or the one selling supply the proper contact?

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines
Takoma Village Cohousing, Washington DC