Re: Middle townhouse units and per-unit solar power
From: Bob Leigh (bobleightwomeeps.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 14:31:03 -0700 (PDT)
I seem to remember that Massachusetts, and some other states, has a law
which specifically invalidates any HOA by-laws which "forbid or
unreasonably restrict" installation of solar panels.  (Google shows it
as Chapter
184, Section 23C.)

But it's not very clear how to apply that to installing utility boxes on
the walls of _other_ units.

Cornerstone installed solar in the summer of 2015, but it was
community-wide project, with panels on all of our buildings and with
installation costs covered out of common funds.  So we avoided the per-unit
issue completely.

Bob Leigh
Cornerstone Village Cohousing
Cambridge, MA