Re: Middle townhouse units and per-unit solar power
From: Bob Morrison (rhmorrison69gmail.com)
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2016 13:13:26 -0700 (PDT)
Ann Z wrote: So Bob … just to clarify … your issue is that in your
community because of the design of the roof tops, middle unit
ownersare penalized in adding solar panels because your rooftops do
not easily accommodate the panels?

Is this the issue?  [end quote]
  You are 90% right. The issue is the design of the front outside wall
of the middle unit, that is, designing it to have enough space at
first floor level to put the two utility boxes. However, this may not
be feasible if you have a shared porch. In our coho, a unit owner can
ask that a utility box (not a utility meter or master switch) serving
another unit not be put on the outside of his/her unit.

If so, you email may speak volumes about the problems of retrofitting a unit
post production.

You are, as I interpret your email, exhorting folks to think in advance about
design for future additions to the physical plant.

Am I close?