Do you proactively de-escalate ‘diverse’ personalities in your life?
From: Alice Alexander (alicecohousgmail.com)
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2016 03:36:13 -0700 (PDT)
>From Alan O'Hashi, Silver Sage in Boulder:
*Coho/US is presenting a retreat Sept 30 – Oct 2 “Dealing with Diverse
Personalities in Community” at Arcosanti in Arizona.
www.cohousing.org/2016retreat <http://www.cohousing.org/2016retreat>*

*“De-escalation”has been in the news lately.* Our retreat will concentrate
on how individuals within communities of any ilk can learn some skills
about exploring the roots of your own diverse personality, how to become
aware of others’ diverse personality traits and how to de-escalate when
personalities clash.

Regardless of your community – be it in your workplace, neighborhood, place
of worship – all members have personalities and quirks that are annoying or
pleasant and endless traits in between.

At some point in our lives, we’ve likely been annoyed by someone or been
the one annoying someone else.

I live in a cohousing community which, I’m finding, is an endless source of
personality war stories. I spend a small part of my time in cohousing mode,
but last week, there was a huge blow up over a festering issue.

*I had heard about community skirmishes, but this is the first time I’d
been in the middle of one.*

Read more http://www.cohousing.org/node/4171
--
Alice Alexander