Rules (was Play/toy weapons)
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 06:52:21 -0700 (PDT)
Issues are dealt with that involve present residents. It would be impossible to deal with all the issues in the world. Plus no one knows what all those issues are until someone with them moves in.

It?s also hard to predict what will be an issue. One person?s issue is another person?s common practice. Following common sense rules doesn?t work in a diverse community.

Also, what I've found over time, is that my tolerance has grown. There was a time when I would have advocated rules about things like toy gun play, etc. Now I watch the kids running around in Nerf War and am happy that they are plyaing outside and not staring at screens!

The fewer rules, the better. Think about it...how much do you want your neighbors telling YOU (& your kids) what to do? So why are you invested in telling THEM what to do? Choose your battles (pun intended)!

Cue the Stones: "You can't always get what you waaaant...."

Eris Weaver
FrogSong