Re: wireless dislike
From: Sharon Villines (sharonsharonvillines.com)
Date: Sun, 24 Jul 2016 06:32:03 -0700 (PDT)
From Wikipedia:

> Wireless communication is the transfer of information or power between two or
> more points that are not connected by an electrical conductor.
>
> The most common wireless technologies use radio. With radio waves distances
> can be short, such as a few meters for television or as far as thousands or
> even millions of kilometers for deep-space radio communications. It
> encompasses various types of fixed, mobile, and portable applications,
> including two-way radios, cellular telephones, personal digital assistants
> (PDAs), and wireless networking. Other examples of applications of radio
> wireless technology include GPS units, garage door openers, wireless computer
> mice, keyboards and headsets, headphones, radio receivers, satellite
> television, broadcast television and cordless telephones.

The people who know much more than I do about these things say that with all
the wireless things in our environment for decades, like radio, the addition of
wireless routers is next to nothing.

There have been studies that found low growth in children living near high
voltage power lines but the comparison between the two is like comparing whales
to dust mites.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines