Re: Internet Service [was Wireless dislike]
From: Mary English (mary.englishhsc.utah.edu)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 11:38:06 -0700 (PDT)
We tried several companies at Wasatch Commons for internet for the entire
community, but got a flat no from each company. Mary English
Common house Internet provider has said that that kind of redistribution is not
allowed.
> Aha, a sticky point. It may vary by provider, but...
> Our provider's agreement says the service cannot be resold. That is if I have
> the service and let my neighbours access it for a fee that would not be
> allowed. So how do we deal with that?

We don’t resell it. We pay it out of the common budget as a lump sum. And we
told them we were doing this and how it needed to be set up. There was no
problem.

We could do the same thing with cable TV but not enough people here watch TV or
want cable.

Sharon
----
Sharon Villines