To: SF Bay Area folks and beyond - Reminder: Joani and her community celebrate her life! 7/30 Oakland, CA
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:50:22 -0700 (PDT)
This Saturday, July 30, 2016, Join Joani Blank in a Celebration of Her Life
2:30 PM, First Unitarian Church of Oakland
685 14th St, Oakland CA 94612
-=-=

As most people probably already know, Joani Blank recently received a diagnosis
of pancreatic cancer. It is a very aggressive form of cancer with a poor
prognosis.  For that reason, she intends to treat only her symptoms, not the
disease itself, "because I want to enjoy myself and not feel sick during
whatever time remains."
 Come and share your love with Joani as we celebrate her extraordinary life.
Contributions of sweet and savory finger food, already prepared and ready to
serve, as well as drinks are requested and will be much appreciated. Glasses,
napkins, and small plates will be provided.

Everyone is encouraged to carpool or use public transit.  Please note that the
Clay Street parking garage closes at 1 PM on Saturdays and is therefore not
open during the time of Joani's celebration.

Childcare is provided for children ages 4 and up, however the sign up window is
closed. If you have a special situation and need to request childcare, please
contact Church Administrator, Linda Hodges <mailto:linda [at] uuoakland.org>,
ASAP.

I hope to see some of you there

Neil - neil [at] swansway.com
Swan's Market Cohousing (http://www.swansway.com)