Joani (Blank) update - Sad news
From: Neil Planchon (neilswansway.com)
Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2016 14:41:41 -0700 (PDT)
Hello everyone in Cohousing-l land…

I am attaching two recent messages about Joani - my longtime personal friend,
neighbor and Cohousing ambassadress. One of mine and the other Amika’s (Joani’s
daughter) are below….
=-=-=-

Hello neighbors

I am saddened as I share with you that Joani passed away Saturday (8/6) around
5:30PM.  She had loving family by her side who shepherded her through the last
stage of this life.

Rest in peace, Joani (my sweet)

Neil
(Swan's Market Cohousing - http://www.swansway.com <http://www.swansway.com/>)

-=-=-

And here is the message which Amika posted on Facebook on August 7th…

"My mama passed yesterday, at home, Blossom and me and Bapu by her side...My
family was blessed to have spent this sacred time with this lovely woman who
raised me as her own.

"She was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer in June, took the news like a champ
and did like she always does...got down to business and handled logistics and
preparations. She chose to have a Celebration of Life rather than a funeral,
and at celebration last week, she was able to say her goodbyes and feel the
love of her community.
"She opened her celebration addressing police brutality and honoring the Black
Lives Matter movement. Her life was based on advancing social justice issues,
and the bigger picture always took precedence over her personal struggles. The
celebration was another platform for her to acknowledge what was really
important to her. She had a rapid decline after the celebration, and I think
she felt she had completed what she needed to.

"This fierce revolutionary woman has taught us all so much. She has done so
many things in her full days here on earth and I know you all have
stories...share them if you feel like it. If I made this post about all she's
done it would take days.

"Instead, we are honoring the graceful way she passed. She relaxed into the
process and let go of trying to control anything...she was able to receive love
and care, and transformed into this gentle and vulnerable Queen. She spoke with
each one of my kids and my Papa in the last days of her consciousness. She
passed me the "boss torch", and gave her blessings to my incarcerated other
half as he led us in family prayer on the phone. We laid with her and watched
her take her last breath. She had a sweet smile on her face and was
comfortable. Milo joined us and we covered her body in henna tattoos, flowers
from the garden, frankincense and lavender oils, and filled her space with
candlelight, sage, copal, and Palos Santos. Bapu stayed curled up with her in
bed...we played music and looked at pictures and laughed and cried. It was
exactly what she wanted, and it was beautiful to hold space for her at the
gates…”

-=-=-