Re: National Condo Advisors, FHA Recertification
From: Kathryn McCamant (kmccamantcohousing-solutions.com)
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 10:50:30 -0700 (PDT)
At Nevada City Cohousing, we just got FHA Project Approval last year, 10 years
after moving in. We did it so that our members can get reverse mortgages, with
the added benefit that it opens up the potential of 3% down payments
(particularly helpful for young families).  Another added benefit is that when
you tell any lender you have FHA Approval (and they can easily find in on the
FHA website), it is a confirmation that they can offer standard competitive
mortgages.

We used National Condo Advisers to assist us with getting the project approval.
I thought we would have to change more of our (now 10 year old, pre-recession
when all the rules got rewritten) HOA documents, but we didn’t and it went thru
relatively easily. FHA Project Approvals are only good for 2 years, so I would
suggest you plan for re-upping regularly once you done it.

To find out more, I would recommend contacting: (I think you at Germantown
worked with her before on your initial Fannie Mae approval?)

Karen Sheppard <karen [at] nationalcondoadvisors.com>
Sr Compliance Analyst
Condo and Co-op Project Approval and Compliance
Fannie Mae PERS | FHA | Non-Warrantable/Portfolio

National Condo Advisors, LLC
777 Westchester Avenue
Suite 101
White Plains, NY 10604
888-726-6361 extension 302
www.nationalcondoadvisors.com

Katie
--
Kathryn McCamant, President
CoHousing Solutions

241B Commercial Street

Nevada City, CA 95959

T.530.478.1970  C.916.798.4755

www.cohousing-solutions.com

On 8/13/16, 8:45 AM, "Cohousing-L on behalf of Rita Bullinger"
<cohousing-l-bounces+kmccamant=cohousing-solutions.com [at] cohousing.org on
behalf of ritabullinger [at] gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, as a member of Germantown Commons, Nashville, I’m writing to ask for
others’ input and experience regarding FHA certification and recertification.
Please write and let me know if your community is FHA certified or recertified.

I would be interested to know why your community sought certification or did
not seek to be certified by FHA.

I’m also curious if any cohousing communities have any experience in FHA
recertification and how you went about doing that?

My mailbox is empty. I just retired and need stuff to do so all responses
welcome! :-)

Thanks so much!
Rita Bullinger