Re: Regarding Affordability in Cohousing
From: Joyce Cheney (jcheneyjcgmail.com)
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2016 11:25:24 -0700 (PDT)
I agree with Angela that it's honest to state that most cohousing IS
expensive. Certainly much of cohousing is comparable to other housing in
the same area -- but comparable to high end housing there! And don't forget
the monthly fees, with in my research end up being higher than most
condo/neighborhood fees.  There *are *a few more affordable places (look
for limited equity coops rather than private ownership of units and for
locations where the cost of living is lower, but even in those
locations...) Yes, it's a great way to live, AND it's for those with higher
incomes or bigger retirement pensions/savings.  Joyce Cheney