Re: Low Cost & Affordable Cohousing
From: Virgil Huston (virgil.huston1955gmail.com)
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 18:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
I agree these are reasonable prices. Probably the best I have ever
seen. I have been a lurker a long time here and we are coming soon to
the point in life to downsize and get into a place with a small yard.
I own my own house outright, but live in an inexpensive area (Augusta,
GA, area). I can easily move to a smaller house back in town and pay
less than I will get for my current house with 10 acres (less than
$200K probably). Traditional condos can be attractive and relatively
inexpensive, but the monthly condo fees are like having a mortgage.
Condos have amenities, too, but you pay for them. My income at this
point in life is that I can't easily afford nor do I want that kind of
monthly expense. The prospect of getting it wrong with a cohousing
situation is daunting as it is such a commitment. It seems like some
are no different than gated country club communities where some people
hang out at the clubhouse from time to time and some are never seen.
Who knows, thanks for the comments and food for thought.
Virgil