Sociocracy Leadership Training
From: Jerry Koch-Gonzalez (
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2016 17:00:32 -0700 (PDT)
The use of sociocracy as the governance system and form of decision making
in communities is growing. In the last few weeks I have talked to members
of Champlain Valley Cohousing, Ten Stones Cohousing and East Village
Cohousing in Vermont, Belfast Cohousing in Maine, Cambridge Cohousing in
Massachusetts all of whom use some or most of the elements of sociocracy. I
am hopeful that since the 2015 Durham National Cohousing Conference where Diana
Leafe Christian <> and I presented
several workshops, that sociocracy is now a clear option for communities
considering/reconsidering their governance systems. Information about
sociocracy is available at the websites of Sharon Villines
<>, The Sociocracy Consulting Group
<> and my new project, Sociocracy for All

Sociocracy For All has just launched its latest project, Sociocracy
Leadership Training (SoLT) See the 2 min video explanation
<>, and more info on the  SoLT webpage
<> in the website.

It is a 12-week sociocracy immersion learning program, done remotely and
 by *doing *sociocracy in a pop-up organization that we are setting up for
people. Anyone anywhere in the world who can make the commitment and speaks
English can apply. This is an innovative way of teaching governance, and I
hope we can spread learning quickly and effectively. We noticed that we can
talk and talk about sociocracy and people are convinced that sociocracy
sounds good, but they don't understand it until they actually make
decisions by consent. We want to give people that experience. SoLT is the
best way we can think of to give affordable, practical access to this
experience to people, and through the SoLT project they can even contribute
to the spread of sociocracy!

This is a great opportunity for anyone in communities that might benefit
from sociocracy, It has bee working great for us in Pioneer Valley
Cohousing for more than 3 years.

Jerry Koch-Gonzalez
, The Sociocracy Consulting Group <>
project manager, Sociocracy For All <>
Certified Trainer, New England NVC <>
Member, Pioneer Valley Cohousing Community <>

*Sociocracy: the operating system of the new economy. See 4-minute intro
video here <>.*