Re: Car Charger Hazard
From: Virgil Huston (virgil.huston1955gmail.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 18:33:40 -0700 (PDT)
Appliances in homes start fires. You would be surprised at how common
appliance started fires are, including dishwashers. I had no idea
until I worked at the Red Cross. Are those banned, too? Laptop
computers have started fires (they have batteries that have to be
charged, too). There are also exterior plugs in most homes. 120V is
not really that much different than 220/240V. Most of the world uses
220/240V for everything, including curling irons and table lamps and
your computer. If 110V is OK, there is zero reason to have a problem
with 220V.
Virgil