Re: Car Charger Hazard
From: John Carver (jcarverislandnet.com)
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2016 23:28:31 -0700 (PDT)
Well I suppose a "Battery University" ought to know. Here's their take on the risk:
http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/safety_concerns_with_li_ion
Apparently the industry term is "rapid disassembly".

All emerging technologies carry a risk. Fire departments are now having to learn how to fight fires in homes with roof-mounted solar panels. Not that the solar panels start fires necessarily, but they create problems for firefighters.
1. It limits their ability to fight the fire by breaking through the roof.
2. Because the panels are generating power, not just using power from a source that can be disconnected, they create an added electrical hazard.

John Carver
Pacific Gardens Cohousing, Nanaimo, BC <http://pacificgardens.ca/>
(where we were recently approved for subsidy for EV charging station installation)