Article: "Dorms for Grownups: A Solution for Lonely Millennials?"
From: Susan HEDGPETH (hedgpethberkeley.edu)
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 10:59:08 -0700 (PDT)
Check this out, in The Atlantic.  A concept I wholly support, great idea.
If I weren't already happy in my cohousing community, I would want to live
in one of these communities (if they'd accept a boomer ;) ).

But hey, no mention of cohousing?  Yes there are differences:  rent rather
than own, a "social engineer" who will oversee the community to "moderate
disputes and kick out anyone who misbehaves" (I'll be interested to see how
that works out).

Maybe these young adults will be more successful at communal living; maybe
they'll have an easier time because of all the work others have done, much
of which has permeated the culture in general (eg, consensus
decision-making, sharing circles, etc.)

Someone want to write to the Atlantic to explain about cohousing?

*Dorms for Grownups: A Solution for Lonely Millennials?*

In a new model of living, residents will have their own “microunits” built
around a shared living space for cooking, eating and hanging out.

http://www.theatlantic.com/business/archive/2015/11/coliving/414531/

-Susan

Pleasant Hill Cohousing

Pleasant Hill, CA