Re: Affordable housing
From: Eris Weaver (eriserisweaver.info)
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2016 08:33:08 -0700 (PDT)
Fred wrote:
> Comparing housing prices and "affordable" is tricky.  Housing prices vary
hugely from
> place to place. Location is a huge factor.  What is considered affordable
also varies
> greatly. Note that the chart above is averages.
> Housing costs also vary greatly within states and within cities depending
on location.

Thanks, Fred! Indeed, my neighbor's unit appraised for MUCH higher than the
amount he is allowed to sell it for under the affordable housing
program...and his unit is to be sold to someone with "moderate" income,
which in our area is defined as $69,350 for one person or $79,300 for two
people!

It is expensive to build housing. Period. (Especially in California!) Then
we want to make it green, and add more amenities, etc.

Cohousing by itself can't solve the country's housing problems.

Eris Weaver for Cotati City Council
eris4citycouncil [at] erisweaver.info ? 707-338-8589
https://www.facebook.com/ErisWeaver4CotatiCityCouncil