Re: internal communications
From: Muriel Kranowski (murielkvt.edu)
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2016 10:25:40 -0700 (PDT)
We have one listserv for all HOA members and non-member residents
(house-sharers or house renters). Our usual practice, followed pretty well,
is to tag non-business emails.

Occasionally someone will shut off their incoming email from the listserv
but as far as I recall, they all eventually come back. You just can't stay
in the loop otherwise.

We started out in 1998 (as a forming group) with a Listserv list supported
by our Town government - free to small non-profits and churches. At some
point the Town changed to maintaining these lists using Mailman. The Town
finally shut down that service two years ago and we moved our Mailman list
to a local company's server, also for free - they were already using
Mailman and one of our members worked there.

I've wondered what we would do next if they should kick us off their
server. I'd been thinking of Google Groups, but now I would certainly look
at groups.io. Thanks, Sharon!