Re: How does your community handle internal communications?
From: Lynn Nadeau / Maraiah (welcomeolympus.net)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 13:06:01 -0700 (PDT)
RoseWind Cohousing, long-built in Port Townsend WA, uses several methods.

1) There are internal lists -- I think they are connected somehow to our Google
account-- so I can type in a single address and have it go to all members, or
all members of a particular committee, or members plus social neighbors.

2) We have a Google Docs account, to which significant documents are posted,
such as minutes, budget sheets, financial records of transactions against the
current budget.

3) Notebooks in the common house media room, with paper copies of committee
reports, minutes, etc.

4) Common house bulletin board has large paper calendar, on which are noted
events that will be using the common house (w name of event, time frame,
sponsor) as well as meetings of the whole or committees, work parties, holiday
gatherings, etc.

5) Occasional print items for distribution, such as new phone lists or revised
reference materials, may be put in the cubbies in the common house foyer where
we keep things like our slippers.

Something like the minutes of the monthly business meeting are posted to (1),
(2), and (3). Meal signups are via bulletin board and sometimes email. We also
see each other in person, of course, and make phone calls and emails to other
individuals.

We have one household that refuses on principle to use email for our business;
a few others check it infrequently; most use email daily. So the buckshot
method is helpful in reaching everyone who wants to participate.

Maraiah Lynn Nadeau
www.rosewind.org  (come see our updated site!)