Charlotte and Housing
From: Crystal Farmer (crystalbyrdfarmergmail.com)
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2016 06:30:55 -0700 (PDT)
Greetings from Charlotte! I am reminded that you can't talk about housing
without talking about race. Maybe cohousing isn't the place for social
justice, but I think this movement for real community can do more than one
thing at once. Below is a short article about housing in Charlotte.

Our cohousing group was looking at the University City area for land--the
same area where Keith Scott was murdered. This area is considered "up and
coming" because land prices are low (read: minority population) but a new
light rail line is being built. If this is not an opportunity for
inclusion, I don't know what is.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/09/22/news/economy/charlotte-economy/index.html

Crystal Farmer
Charlotte Cohousing Community